CAST PHOTOS, SHOWTIME 101, COSTUME FITTINGS, PARENT MEETING
Sunday Morning, February 23, 2020
Family Sports Center – 6901 S Peoria St, Englewood, CO 80112
7:15 am – 1:00 pm (please see schedule as most skaters will be finished around noon)
Family Sports Day is when we take all of our cast photos for the show program, hold our Showtime 101 Clinic, parent meeting and fit most of the show costume fittings. We have a lot to do in a short amount of time! We will NOT have a makeup day for program cast photos.
SHOWTIME 101 (Must be registered to attend) – Hamilton Rink
This is a free clinic for NEW Showtime on Ice families – register online by February 15. Click HERE to register.
7:15 – 7:40 – Check -in
7:45 – 8:45 – On Ice Clinic
7:45 – Quick Q & A for parents
8:45 – Costume Fittings (Arapahoe Room)
By 9:50 – Drop off skater at photo room
Follow the rest of the schedule below.
CAST PHOTOS * PARENT MEETING * COSTUME FITTINGS
STEP 1 – Check-In – Upstairs Near Avalanche Grill
9:00 – 9:45 – Drop off skater and photo order forms at photo room. (No parents are allowed in the photo room except the dads that are in the Father/Daughter photo) We will have older skaters assigned to each of the younger, learn to skate groups.
9:00 – 10:00 – After you drop off your skater please head to the main tables outside the photo room to pick up your skater folders (new show families only), drop off apparel orders, check name spelling for the t-shirt back and ask any questions you may have.
STEP 2 – Father/Daughter Group Photos (Must be registered for the Father/Daughter number)
9:55 – Father/Daughter photo – we will begin right at 10 with last names A-L and move immediately to the second group. Please be in the room and ready to go by 9:55. After the Father/Daughter photo, dads will head to the Avalanche Grill (right next to the photo room) for the parent meeting.
STEP 3 – Cast Photos – Banquet Room next to Avalanche Grill
10:00 – 12:00 – Once your skater is finished with ALL of their scheduled photos they can proceed to costumes. Do not go to costumes until your scheduled photos are taken.
- Approximate Photo Schedule Times
- 10:00 – 10:15 – Father/Daughter photo
- 10:15 – 10:40 – Learn to Skate Groups (Market Vendors, Drummers, Tigers, Elephants, Precious Gems, Lotus Flowers, Cherry Blossoms, Chinese Dragons, Butterflies, Caterpillars and Colorful Pearls (Denver Synchronicity)
- 10:40 – 10:50 – Pre-Preliminary – Preliminary Groups
- 10:50 – 11:10 – Pre-Juvenile – Juvenile Groups
- 11:10 – 11:15 – Intermediate – Senior Groups
- 11:15 – 11:20 – Stars of the Show
- 11:20 – 11:25 – Senior Number
- 11:25 – 11:30 – Ice Dancers (please arrive by 10:45 – in case we run early)
- 11:30 – end – Main Characters and Trios
STEP 4 – Parent Meeting – Avalanche Grill
10:15 – Mandatory parent meeting – we will have older skaters watching the younger ones in the photo room until you are finished.
STEP 5 – Costumes – Arapahoe Room
After the parent meeting has concluded and your skater is finished with photos, you will proceed to the costume fitting area.
- Please do not take your costume unless verified by the costume committee.
- ONLY Showtime 101 participants are allowed in the fitting area between 8:45am and 9:45am.
- Please note that costumes are only altered for overall fit. Also, you may not add embellishments, crystals or additional items like hats or gloves to the costumes. Thank you!
STEP 6 – You’re done! We will have SOI Committee members and volunteers available until 1:00pm for questions.
- Skaters wear black skating jacket or plain, black long sleeve shirt, black skating pants (jeans for boys), hair neat and off face.
- Father/Daughter – Dads wear dark black pants or jeans and a white button-down shirt
- Arrive ON TIME for Check In – upstairs banquet room outside the Avalanche Grill
- Drop off skater at photo room with photo order form, if ordering. Online ordering is also available
- Pick up Skater Folder – Tables outside the banquet room
- Drop off apparel orders, if needed
- Sign up for volunteer spots
- Check spelling of your skater’s name on t-shirt back poster
- Review past show programs and skater ads, if needed
- Attend parent meeting
- Pick up skater when he/she is finished with photos (if your skater is in learn to skate, we will have older skaters with them until you are finished with the meeting.)
- Proceed to costumes in the Arapahoe Room
- Ask any and all questions you may have. If you are short on time you can email us – email@example.com