Theatre On Ice (TOI) is a form of competitive figure skating that is fairly new to our rink! It is popular in Europe, where it is known as Ballet on Ice. It combines the grace of figure skating with the excitement of theater and dance. Teams consist of between eight and thirty skaters. The programs are judged by U.S. Figure Skating judges – evaluated on technical merit and presentation with emphasis on originality, costuming, artistry and musicality.
Training usually begins in September and concludes at the National event in June but we take skaters all season long. Ice Theatre of the Rockies now fields two teams at the South Suburban facilities; an Open team and a Senior Team. It is a fun and challenging new facet to skating that allows skaters to be part of a theatrical skating team while improving their individual skating and performance skills.
The Ice Theatre of the Rockies teams are lead by an amazing group of coaches who are highly qualified in their fields. Here is our current staff:
Skaters can experience great rewards from participating (and forming) a Theatre On Ice team including:
* A chance to compete in more competitions when performing in competitions and shows
* A chance to develop the dramatic side of their skating
* A chance to be part of a team while continuing to use their technical skills
* A chance to travel both locally and internationally
* A chance to make new friends both in and out of the club
* A chance to relax while performing and competing for competitive skaters
If you have any questions or interest in joining please contact Gerry Lane at email@example.com